Economic Viability & Financial Risk Analyses
Wind power’s ultimate success as a conventional power source rests on its long-term economic viability. Northeast Wind’s hands-on experience with evaluating wind energy production, together with its ability to analyze the principal factors determining a project’s economic viability, represent a unique skill set we bring to the wind development field.
Analytical services for clients considering wind projects include:
- Modeling and performing comprehensive economic and financial risk analyses
- Estimating and managing capital and operating budgets
- Performing due diligence for equity and debt providers
- Securing project financing sources
- Analyzing uncertainty and project performance risks
- Building proforma models of economic performance from development through decommissioning
Wind energy projects are capital-intensive undertakings. For this reason, it is critical that strategies for accurately estimating costs, stabilizing cash flows, analyzing tax effects, and managing risks are considered from the onset. Northeast Wind offers three decades of experience administering the financial profiles of project- and corporate financed renewable energy projects for its private, municipal, and utility clients.